|Location|| ||2402 W MICHIGAN STREET|
Duluth, MN 55806
|Employee Type|| ||Operations|
|Job Category|| ||Admin|
The Transit Center Information Specialist provides bus schedule information to customers, sells DTA fare media to DTA customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Transit Center, Information Specialist
- Provides bus schedule information to customers.
- Sells and assists the public with all DTA fare media.
- Accounts for and reconciles daily cash receipts.
- Calculates daily deposits and reconciles with the Cashier.
- Performs required housekeeping duties keeping the booth and surrounding public use area acceptably neat and clean.
- Enforces DTA rules of conduct in the Transit Center.
- Informs the Director of Safety, Security and Training of Transit Center facility problems, and conduct problems with members of the public. Completes timely incident reports as necessary.
- Completes all work in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as may be required.
The performance of the major job functions for this position requires the incumbent to be present at their work setting. Regular, dependable attendance is necessary for the performance of the job duties.
The Duluth Transit Authority reserves the right to assign additional or different duties to employees within this job classification consistent with the changing needs of the Duluth Transit Authority. Any duties described herein are subject to change at any time.
- High School Graduate.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand and perform basic stipulated accounting functions.
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to pick up and carry 25lbs.
- Must be able to drive an automobile.
The physical requirement listed in this section include, but are not necessarily limited to, the motor/physical abilities and skills required of this position in order to successfully undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), reasonable accommodation may be made to empower individuals with disabilities to undertake the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.