Provides skilled occupational therapy services to VNSHS patients as evidenced by:
· Adherence to infection control practices and agency policies and procedures related to patient care.
· Use of Chronic Disease management and health promotion strategies.
· Use of Motivational Interviewing Techniques.
· Notifies and collaborates with the home care physician and clinical team and maintains physician orders.
Provides initial and on- going occupational therapy assessment and intervention in accordance with currently approved methods and standards of practice as evidenced by:
· Initial evaluation focuses on the assessment of cognitive and functional limitations in the performance of ADLs and IADLS.
· POC focuses on patient centered goals.
· Clear documentation of skilled interventions and patient’s progress towards or revision of goals.
Demonstrates OASIS proficiency as evidenced by:
· OASIS walk evaluations with clinical manager.
· Scores an Average of 92% or better in OASIS chart review
Participates in care management and demonstrates effective and timely communication as evidenced by:
· Attendance at weekly meetings.
· Interacts and is prepared to discuss his/ her entire caseload to include patient’s reason for home care and progress towards patient centered goals; follows up on Care Manager and / or Interdisciplinary Group recommendations.
· Effective use of email and voice mail.
Demonstrates timely documentation as evidenced by:
· Notes containing OASIS data are available for review / coding, etc within 24 hours of visit; re-visit notes are locked for processing within 24 hours of visit and timely discharges and transfers.·
· Completion of HHA supervisions when indicated.
· Provides mandated federal and state notices to patients to include, but not limited to, NYS Provision of Care, Home Health Beneficiary notice and Notice of Medicare Non-Coverage.
· Maintains and collaborates with other rehabilitation therapists caring for the same patient to ensure timely documentation and assessment of patient progress towards goals as mandated by CMS.
Demonstrates commitment to their team and VNSHS as evidenced by:
· Supports and promotes the mission of VNSHS.
· Represents the agency in a professional manner.
· Flexibility in scheduling with a focus on meeting patient needs.
· Attends all mandatory in-services.
· Attendance at team meetings.
Employee adheres to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
Other duties as contracted.