|Location|| ||505 MAIN STREET|
NORTHPORT, NY 11768
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
Position Summary: The Hospice House RN oversees and manages the patients in the hospice house up to a maximum of 8 patients including the HHA assigned to the patients. The Hospice House RN coordinates all patients’ activity and collaborates with NP, Clinical Manager and all members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- A registered professional nurse currently registered and licensed to practice nursing in the state of New York.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Three years’ experience in the delivery of nursing care in a Certified Home Hospice Agency or Hospital setting preferred.
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above and acceptable to New York State Health Department.
- Must be familiar with hospice care and its implementation.
- Skilled in the ability to observe and assess the health care needs of Hospice patients and families. Knowledge of care of cancer patient, pain management and Hospice concept.
- Skilled in the techniques of therapeutic communication.
- Able to facilitate cooperation and communication among members of the staff.