|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Accounting and Finance|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
The Accounting and Admin Support person, reporting to the Controller, will have in their role various aspects of financial accounting, recordkeeping, recording financial transactions, assisting accounting department, some general ledger and bank reconciliations and posting transactions.
- Maintain the cash records and reconcile cash clearing accounts for the company, including credit card transactions with reports from those agencies;
- Maintenance and reconciliation of prepaids and customer deposits;
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Manage office supplies for the company (ordering and stock-keeping)
- Update and maintain as need, accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable).
- Enters data into computer system
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
- Providing accounting and clerical assistance to the accounting department
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes as required;
- Other Admin support including mail, lunch pickup etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Proven team work approach and ability to coordinate and interact with diverse groups
- High level knowledge and use of software programs such as Word and Excel are essential;
- ERP experience preferred, or extensive experience in accounting software and management of same;
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounting Clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Associate degree or relevant certification is a plus
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and bookkeeping experience