|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
Reporting to the Manager – Test Engineering, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing engineering services and support for Redlen in-house production test systems.
The candidate will play a key role in providing test system design, equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and internal/external user training to develop a robust, reliable test system infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Custom detector test platform design, integration test and debugging.
- Development, debugging, and maintenance (particularly using Python, Matlab and Labview) of software for detector test systems.
- Support manufacturing with the deployment of new detector and module test infrastructure, and technology process transfer (from initial R&D / prototype to standard production). This includes:
- configuration, documentation, and set-up instructions to support the specific test systems provided to manufacturing;
- providing complete packages and work instructions suitable for use by production operators;
- Maintain all test systems and characterization equipment including technical support for production, as well as tech transfer and problem-solving efforts.
- Contribute to the scale-up and expansion of the characterization and testing capabilities including automation and trouble-shooting for various x-ray and gamma-ray applications.
- Assist in various material and device R&D efforts and provide general assistance at any time as needed and assigned.
- Printed circuit board design using Altium Designer.
- Hardware design using SolidWorks.
- Hand soldering of prototype printed circuit boards including fine pitch connectors and small (0402) surface mount components.
- Troubleshooting of electronic circuitry using diagnostic tools such as meters and oscilloscopes.
- Electrical or Computer Engineering degree from a recognized Post Secondary institution with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience.
- A solid understanding of general mixed-signal electronic circuitry, especially as it applies to embedded systems.
- An aptitude for tracing through software algorithms to find bugs/bottlenecks, and implement fixes/optimizations.