|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Accounting and Finance|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Maximum Experience|| ||10 Years|
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the successful applicant will assume a key role in establishing effective systems to calculate and report manufacturing costs of production. Substantial prior experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset. The successful candidate will have an understanding of inventory management, costing, overhead allocation methods and data recording arrangements. Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in the operation of the materials management and inventory systems
- Operation of the work order system for manufacturing cost accumulation
- Determination of labor, material and overheads and establishment of product costs, costs of sales, product development costs and appropriate overhead allocations
- Participates in improvements to the costing, accounting and coding systems
- Analysis of variances between budgets, estimates and actual costs
- Product margin reporting and analytics
- Rollup of product sales volumes and related product costing elements
- 3-5 years operational accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including job costing and standard costing
- Have been involved in calculating and assessing product mix, price and volume variances
- Experience with integrated ERP systems necessary. Experience with the SYSPRO system a major advantage
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products.
- Advanced level in Excel is essential.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation
- A high personal commitment to deadlines, quality and accuracy of work
- Must be a self starter, flexible, with the ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Degree in Business – Accounting and/or Finance Major
- CPA designation preferred.