|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
The Program Manager is a collaborative, ambitious, goal driven individual responsible for the joint technical and commercial definition of major radiation detector customer co-development programs, and for leading the successful execution and delivery of these programs.
This experienced manager has both strong technical and business development skills and will play a leading role in the realization of major joint development programs including the program definition, defining and managing resourcing for the program, providing technical and project management leadership for the program, and managing the technical and commercial relationship with the customer.
He/she has experience negotiating and managing key customer commercial relationships along with a strong technical background in engineering or scientific development teams.
This position is based in Victoria. International travel to visit customers will encompass typically 10% to 20% of the time.
- Provides leadership for both the technical content and the commercial terms of all phases of the joint customer development program including:
- Definition of the joint statement of work, with clear definition of responsibilities
- Specification and management of deliverables, schedule and milestones
- Preparation of monthly project progress reports
- Creation and maintenance of project plan
- Definition of human resource requirements
- Negotiation with the customer and management of project changes to achieve project milestones
- Chairing/documenting project meetings
- Management of program/project budget
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Carrying out routine communications with customer/collaborators as required
- Ensuring that Redlen’s ISO9001 quality management system is followed
- 5 years product development experience
- 5 years customer development and corporate contract negotiation experience
- Project management certification
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong customer communication skills, ability to develop and maintain strong team relationships while dealing with challenging circumstances
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- A strong technical background, with experience in semiconductor, medical imaging or security markets a definite asset
- As a minimum, Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering is required. An advanced degree is desirable