|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Accounting and Finance|
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, reporting to the CFO, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Controller works very closely with the Senior Financial Analyst who is significantly involved in the company’s material product cost design(s), forecasting and reporting.
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition and Asset accumulation/tracking
- Coordinate and prepare budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Coordinate the preparation and publishing of timely monthly financial statements along with an analysis of key variances
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Oversee month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure adequate controls over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Evaluate and implement as required necessary ERP improvements and modules
- SRED claim accumulation and reporting for Tax return
- Manage issuing of Options to employees and tracking/monitoring on 3rd party software (Optracks), and provide reporting for audit purposes.
- Other Projects as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven organizational skills
- Proven team work approach and ability to coordinate and interact with diverse groups
- Ability to execute introductions or changes to controls or processes.
- High level knowledge and use of software programs such as Word and Excel is essential.
- ERP experience preferred, or extensive experience in accounting software and management of same. Experience with Syspro ERP an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience with IFRS an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience with SRED cost tracking/accumulation and claims an asset
- Proven working experience as a Controller.
- Proven manufacturing Company budgeting essential. Top down or bottom up acceptable, but having managed or experienced both methods is even better.
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Proven managerial experience.
- CPA designation required
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements and asset ledger(s).
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close processes
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills