|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Mid Management|
|Minimum Experience|| ||4 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
Business Development Manager (BDM) - Test & Scientific Products
The Business Development Manager -Test & Scientific is an ambitious, results-oriented professional with strong sales, commercial and technical skills. This role is responsible for both developing new customer relationships (opportunity generation, identification, qualification, and follow through to close) and managing existing customer relationships, securing sales goals, and for managing internal product delivery processes. This Role reports to the Director of Business Development.
This experienced Manager will lead and manage the customer engagement and development process for Non-Destructive Testing and Scientific Products including understanding and qualifying customer needs, requirements, and specifications and matching them to Redlen capabilities. She or he will lead the pre-sales, sales and post sales product design-in activities, secure customer orders, manage demand forecasts and co-ordinate internal stakeholders for product delivery and for customer support.
The successful candidate has an proven track record of developing new customer relationships and growing long term customer relationships with complex technical products where opportunities require multiple years to transition from customer awareness to volume production.
This position is based in Victoria but will require international travel to attend events and visit customers typically up to 20% of the time.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Non-Destructive Test (NDT) and Scientific market verticals which encompasses customer needs, completive solutions, customer demand and market penetration strategies.
- Develop and grow customer relationships, building account penetration plans with a clear understanding of decision dynamics and timelines.
- Collaborate with product management and product development to deliver key product features/benefits and value proposition required for successful market penetration
- Develop customer product proposals and quotations in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Achieve new customer design wins and product revenue forecasts
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts by account
- Maintain and track customer deliverables, project schedules, and coordinate the delivery of product technical support
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a business development or product sales role with complex technical or scientific products, and
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an engineering or scientific role in product development or applications support, and
- Customer presentation and quotation preparation and contract negotiation, and
- Proven track record of developing customer relationships for technically advanced and complex products
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and business management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time and priority management skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous customers, projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- Additional formal education in business, commerce or economics is desirable