|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Fabrication and Testing|
|Minimum Experience|| ||1 Year|
Reporting to: Detector Prototyping Manager and Sr. Scientist R&D/HF Program Manager
The R&D Test Technician is responsible for the majority of the testing and the evaluation of company’s X-ray detection products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Executing experiments and reporting results.
• Daily operation of Redlen’s high flux X-ray tester.
- Reporting observations to scientific staff.
• Maintain data storage folders and R&D database.
• Compliance with all stated company quality objectives and ESD protocols.
• Cognizant of safety issues in and around the workplace
• Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
• Additional tasks and duties as applicable
- Experience executing and summarizing experiments.
- Proficient in the use of standard electrical test equipment, oscilloscopes, ASIC electronics, power supplies, high voltage sources.
- Working knowledge of MatLAB is required.
- Experience working with radiation test sources and X-ray tubes is an advantage.
- Experience working in an small to medium enterprise (SME) is an advantage
- A high degree of organizational skill required
- Good manual dexterity to handle and manipulate small objects, tweezers, etc
- An inquisitive mind to look for trends in data.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work any shift to accommodate workflow requirements
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation
- Quality oriented
- Time sensitive
- Attention to detail
- Diploma Electrical Engineering or equivalent.