|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Materials and Training|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||2 Year Degree|
Manager, Planning and Inventory Management
Redlen Technologies Inc., is a leading manufacturer of high resolution semiconductors (CZT) detectors which are enabling a new generation of high performance detection and imaging equipment including nuclear cardiology, CT scanning, baggage scanning and dirty bomb detection.
With international demand growing for our industry-leading semiconductor growth technology, imaging technology, and cost effective medical and security imaging detectors and modules, and recently having closed major expansion financing, Redlen offers a fantastic opportunity for those interested in making a difference.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Manager of Planning and Inventory Management will plan, schedule and monitor the movement of material through the production cycle, from Receiving through to Shipping the end product. This function is responsible for synchronizing material requirements with production capacity and scheduling the kits of material into production, with overall goals being on-time delivery and efficient use of inventory. This role has management responsibility for the Stores group which coordinates the material through receiving into Stores, through Production and Shipping to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with the Production Manager, ensure that material in-feed is in alignment with production capacity
- Working with Purchasing, ensure that material orders and lead-time match with product delivery timelines, and provide input on pull-in and push-out of orders
- Maintain long-range production forecasts in close collaboration with Sales/Business Development to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Develop and manage forecast for material planning while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles, and production capacity.
- Perform supply demand analysis, projecting supply chain and internal supply constraints.
- Leading the Stores team, develop inventory targets and manage production to achieve targeted inventory levels on a cost and unit basis—also, develop appropriate safety stock and reorder levels that fit the plan.
- Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may affect demand for product over and above the plan.
- Develop metrics to monitor material usage, accuracy of production plan, and adequacy of inventory levels.
- Lead the implementation and integration of MRP for the business
- Provide input to the company business systems roadmap (ERP/MRP, MES, etc.) as subject matter expert in Planning and Inventory Management
- Provide input to Business Development for ongoing Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) functions
- Minimum of 5 years of Production Planning/Scheduling experience
- Proven experience with advanced planning, forecasting, and product lifecycle programs
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in leading a functional team
- Familiarity with Purchasing, Material Planning and Inventory Control tools (MRP, demand ordering systems, warehouse management and inventory analysis)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Background in ERP transactions (work orders, shipments, reporting)
- Advanced skillset in Excel-based spreadsheet analyses (Pivot tables, formulas, sensitivity analysis)
- Use of databases and spreadsheets to track production data and inventories
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing concepts and performance metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with various groups, from Business Development through Product Development to Operations
- Demonstrable positive attitude and self-motivation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities, in fast-paced environment
Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Operations Management
APICS certification (CPIM) preferred