|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||FTE- Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||Masters|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
X-Ray Detector Validation and Characterization Engineer
Reporting to the Team Lead, Validation and Testing Section, Photon Counting CT Program, the successful applicant will assume a key and central role in product level validation and characterization of x-ray and gamma-ray detector modules. They will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the detectors will fully meet the application requirements. The work is expected to be highly challenging, combining novel and leading edge direct-conversion semiconductor radiation detection technology with technically demanding end applications. It is a rare opportunity for the right individual.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining, developing, and evolving the software scripts and routines that systematically validate the X-ray detector module prototypes against their target product performance requirements
- Establishing and refining the detector module test specifications and related procedures that correlate to application performance requirements
- Supporting the development and execution of test procedures on detector module prototypes and pre-production samples and evaluating the output test data for conformance to specification
- Supporting the characterization and optimization of prototype detector systems
- Developing and refining the tools for analysis and presentation of test results suitable for different audiences
- Leading the troubleshooting of non-compliance returns and systematic yield loss by working with the Redlen engineering team and our customer engineers
- X-ray or gamma-ray detector engineering and design including demonstrated knowledge covering: solid state physics, design and integration of read out electronics, test system development;
- Detector system characterization, validation, customization, and field application;
- Use of electronic instrumentation and custom test hardware in a development environment;
- Real time data capture, multi-factor data analysis, and complex data visualization (ideally MATLAB and Python);
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Working with x-ray and gamma-ray radiation sources;
- Knowledge of imaging systems, imager arrays.
- Very hands-on and innovative individual that works well in a team environment;
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work with limited supervision; and
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Graduate degree or Ph.D in electrical or electronics engineering, engineering-physics, applied physics or equivalent.