|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Accounting and Finance|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
Redlen Technologies Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high resolution Cadmium-Zinc-Telluride (CZT) semiconductor detectors which are enabling a new generation of high performance detection and imaging equipment including nuclear cardiology, CT scanning, baggage scanning and dirty bomb detection.
With international demand growing for our industry-leading semiconductor radiation detection and imaging products for medical and security applications; and recently having closed major expansion financing, Redlen offers a fantastic opportunity for those interested in making a difference in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
We are dedicated to serving our customers and place a high value on quality and teamwork. Redlen provides an open, flexible, convivial work environment with salary/benefits commensurate with experience.
We are looking for an experienced senior accountant to undertake many aspects of the financial accounting and administrative functions within the accounting & finance team. Reporting to the Controller, the position responsibilities include:
- Revenue - Ensure timely billing and invoicing of all revenue and proper accounting treatment as per the company policy on revenue recognition.
- Receivables - Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling receivables
- Customer File management – Review all contracts with customers and vendors. Insure consistency and compliance with company policies (order acceptances)
- Local, provincial, and federal government remittances, tax filings (GST and WCB)
- Online review/research on misc. compliance and regulatory matters
- Maintain cash records and reconcile cash clearing accounts for the company, including credit card transactions using reports from those agencies
- Maintenance and reconciliation of prepaids and customer deposits
- Reconciling A/R & A/P sub-ledgers to general ledger accounts
- Assist with the cost rollup and accumulation of budget data
- Monitor and maintain A/R ledger and insure timely reporting and collections
- Produce A/R and A/P aged listings or other reports used in managing customers or vendors
- Support month-end and year-end close processes as required
- Provide monthly reports regarding Invoicing, RMA’s, On-time deliveries and other Operational performance metrics
- Misc. other Admin support as needed including mail, pickup of company supplied lunches for lunch meetings, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven organizational skills
- Proven team work approach and ability to coordinate and interact with diverse groups
- High level knowledge and use of software programs such as Word and Excel is essential
- ERP experience preferred, or extensive experience in accounting software and management of same
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Holds or working towards a CPA (CGA or CMA) designation
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial reports
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end processes
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills