|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Directors|
|Required Degree|| ||Masters|
Redlen Technologies (www.redlen.com) is a leader in the design and production of semiconductor radiation sensors. Our proprietary semiconductor production process for Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) materials enables a new generation of higher resolution all-digital imaging equipment for medical, security and non-destructive testing applications. Located in Victoria B.C, Redlen is a rapidly growing supplier of CZT semiconductor radiation sensor solutions. We offer a high energy entrepreneurial environment with competitive salary, benefits and equity with a rare opportunity to assume a key leadership role in building a marquis organization.
Job Description - Director, Product Management
Reporting to the CEO, the successful applicant will have responsibility for new product definition, program management in conjunction with partner customers, product business case and product launch plans. Our technology and products are achieving strong adoption and market acceptance. We are transitioning from a customer-specific project commercialization model to a merchant product model and now need a seasoned product management professional to instill the structure and discipline of a product-centric commercialization model within our organization as we pursue the next stage of our growth strategy.
The successful applicant will have a proven background in hardware-based product definition with development in a partner-customer model. This role requires a strong advocate and leader who is able to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally and has strong technical, public speaking and communication skills.
Location at our Victoria headquarters office is preferred. Location in Vancouver with a weekly on-site presence in Victoria would also be considered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a clear understanding of the technical benefits and value in use for Redlen’s sensor technology
- Identify and assess prospective vertical markets to be addressed
- Develop straw man product proposals in collaboration with customers and product development
- Assume ownership for development of detailed product specifications, and the associated business assessment for proposed new product concepts
- Ability to assume program management role during product development phase
- Development of product commercial launch collateral materials
- Develop and Maintain product roadmaps
- Strong technical background, ideally in product development or design in imaging sensors, semiconductor detectors, device physics and solid-state physics;
- Minimum of 10 years’ technical experience and 5 year’s product management experience;
- Proven experience working with new product and technology introduction;
- Proven track record of developing customer relationships for technically advanced and complex products
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- You have an inherent curiosity and enjoy absorbing and learning complex new technology – if this does not describe you, this role is not a fit.
- Ability to work directly with major customers;
- Ability to motivate and coordinate highly technical individuals across organizational boundaries;
- Strong communication, written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and business management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time and priority management skills, ability to handle multiple simultaneous programs
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation;
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD. In Electrical engineering, engineering-physics, physics or equivalent;
- MBA a plus;