|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Hardware and Software Development Engineer. They will assume a key role in hardware, firmware and software development and maintenance of both R&D and Manufacturing test systems for Redlen’s growing line of semiconductor radiation detector products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of next generation test systems and module evaluation systems from concept to standard production release, including:
- Software design, development and debugging - particularly using Python, SQL, C/C++, Matlab and Labview.
- User interface software development.
- Documentation and hands-on training.
- Hardware implementation including prototype electronics assembly, firmware development and debug.
- Interacting with and preparing presentations for in-house expertise as well as external vendors and customers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design of analog & digital PCB.
- Schematic capture & PCB layout.
- FPGA design, Verilog coding, simulation, synthesis, & programming.
- Contribute to the electronics design of future radiation detection module products.
- Support Manufacturing with the development of new detector test infrastructure, and technology process transfer (from initial R&D / prototype to standard production).
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all existing test systems and characterization equipment, to facilitate timely troubleshooting when required.
- Contribute to the scale-up and expansion of the characterization and testing capabilities.
A minimum of three years practical experience in the following areas:
- Software/Hardware automation and programming for production environments.
- Sound capability with Python or similar (object oriented languages preferred).
- Test system development, integration and debug.
- Version control (Git, SVN)
- CAD/engineering tools (Altium, LTspice/, IDE’s, JTAG).
- Strong electronics troubleshooting capabilities using a variety of diagnostic tools such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators
- Lab skills such as soldering, reflow/hot air rework, knowledge of ESD protocol.
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Nuclear instrumentation, semiconductor device/physics, simulation skills are a plus.
Strong programming skills and technical competence in a mixed-signal system development environment is crucial. We are looking for a hands-on engineer that works equally well individually and in a team environment and who possesses good oral and written communications skills
Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Automation Engineering or Computer Engineering
October 13,2017- Version 3