|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||Fabrication and Testing|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
Redlen Technologies Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high resolution semiconductor (CZT) detectors which are enabling a new generation of high performance medical and security detection and imaging equipment including nuclear cardiology, CT scanning, baggage scanning and dirty bomb detection.
With international demand growing for our industry-leading products Redlen offers a fantastic opportunity for those interested in making a difference in a fast paced high growth environment.
Reporting to: Team Leader, Detector Prototyping
The Fabrication and Test Technician participates in the careful preparation and processing of the materials required to produce the company’s products. The efficient and precise use of our equipment and methods are critical to the role and our success. Assemble/compound products or sub-assemblies according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams that are somewhat complicated or precise in nature. Operate hand tools, power tools, or production equipment. Prepare process documentation, packaging for shipping as well as general shop support are part of the daily routine.
Duties and Responsibilities: General
• Interpreting and completing work orders in an accurate and efficient manner
• Proficient in the use of production process equipment in the assigned areas
• Ability to understand and proceed with formal written and verbal instructions as they apply to the manufacture of assemblies, sub-assemblies, etc.
• Compliance with all stated company quality objectives
• Samples and tests processes as required by the QMS program and procedures
• Maintains accurate process records as per the instructions in place at the time
• Monitors use and inventories of process materials/chemicals and supplies
• Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure stringent plant and work area cleanliness
• Computer literate and familiar with MS word and MS Excel
• Cognizant of safety issues in and around the workplace
• Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
• Additional tasks and duties as applicable
Experience in a comparable work environment an advantage
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team environment
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation
- Quality oriented
- Time sensitive
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
Education: High school graduation essential; technical college diploma an advantage