|Location|| ||123 1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M 1X6
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Accounting and Finance|
|Industry|| ||Accounting and Finance|
|Required Degree|| ||2 Year Degree|
Reporting to the Controller, the successful applicant will assist in supporting the transaction processing in the Accounting and Finance Department. Key responsibilities include:
- Sorting vendor invoices and purchase orders;
- Maintain company credit status with vendors;
- Organize & code vendor invoices with matching purchase order and receiving reports;
- Enter invoices into accounts payable system;
- Preparing quick payment requests and adjustments required;
- Create cyclical USA and CAD supplier cheque, wire and ACH payments;
- Reconciling bank rec items;
- Reconcile vendor statements to company’s accounts payable records; and
- Perform various general accounting duties as they arise.
- Answer general inquiry calls and direct respond to inquiries;
- Greet and assist visitors;
- Monitor and order office supply inventories;
- Vehicle for running errands is required;
- General filing, record management and retention;
- Mail – Incoming: appropriate processing and routing;
- Mail – Outgoing: arrange mailings or couriers;
- General office duties and tasks as assigned; and
- Code/enter customer payment to customer accounts and prepare deposits for banking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of accounting is a benefit;
- Experience full AP cycle including POs, and requisitions is preferred;
- Bank reconciliation experience;
- Experience with MS Word and Excel programs is required; and
- Competency with computers, systems and software is an asset.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Have good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team environment;
- Have excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills; and
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation.
- High School Diploma
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, working on an Accounting designation or commensurate experience.