|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M 1X6
|Base Pay|| ||$19.50 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt FT|
|Job Category|| ||Quality|
|Minimum Experience|| ||8 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
Redlen Technologies Inc. is a leading manufacturer of high resolution semiconductors (CZT) detectors which are enabling a new generation of high performance detection and imaging equipment including nuclear cardiology, CT scanning, baggage scanning and dirty bomb detection.
With international demand growing for our industry-leading semiconductor radiation detection and imaging products for medical and security applications, and recently having closed major expansion financing, Redlen offers a fantastic opportunity for those interested in making a difference in a fast paced high growth environment.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the successful applicant will assume a key role in identifying and containing non-conforming parts, processes & product from being shipped to the customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform inspections of purchased parts/materials, subassemblies and finished company products according to defined criteria using visual, mechanical and/or electrical measurements.
- Follow inspection criteria and record lot/batch inspection results.
- Prepare & distribute Inspection Reports for non-conforming lots/batches and issue Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), as required.
- Input inspection data, analyze and prepare charts.
- Setup and control inspection tools & equipment.
- Perform In-Process Inspections of key processes according to predefined checklists.
- Issue Temporary Deviation Notices (TDN), as required.
- Prepare, verify & submit for approval, shipping documentation i.e. Certificate of Conformance (CofC) & Test Reports, as required.
- Prepare samples for process change verification and/or HALT testing.
- Support the development of the Quality Management System (QMS) through;
- Identifying & implementing opportunities for improvement,
- Analyzing data and preparing charts,
- Developing quality standards & procedures.
- Assist in the writing and updating of inspection procedures, visual standards, protocols and checklists.
- Assist QA Engineer for customer returned products (RMA) and/or QA Technologist, as required.
- Conduct training, where applicable.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as required.
- Transfer non-conforming items to Quarantine.
- Liaise with Manufacturing and Process/Test Engineering to provide feedback non-conforming data to support root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Minimum 8 yrs manufacturing or production oriented experience, with 2+ years in a quality inspector/technician function
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) is a must
- Must have good English written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude desired
- Working knowledge of measurement instruments
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Demonstrate positive attitude and self-motivation
- Must be able to read drawings
- Redlen operates 24/7, so applicants must be willing/able to work shift work, including on weekends
- High School Diploma or equivalent