|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M 1X6
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
Job Description for Radiation Detector Design Engineer
Reporting to the Director of System Engineering, the successful applicant will assume a lead role in the design, development, and delivery of the electronic modules in Redlen’s radiation detectors. This work is expected to be highly challenging with the combination of novel and world leading technology and technically demanding applications. These detector modules are full systems that include custom ASIC/ASSP, embedded controllers, and FPGA based logic. The work will be highly challenging and we are looking for enthusiastic practitioners (aka Makers) in these technologies. This may be the chance for you to apply your talent and energy towards making a real difference.
This is a fulltime permanent positon – 40 hours per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Specification, design, implementation, and validation of the detector digital logic and related firmware in application specific radiation detectors;
- Board and carrier level integration of electronic components including FPGAs, uP, memories, and semicustom ASICs;
- Contributing to product improvement initiatives including reducing costs, enhancing yield, improving reliability, adding new customer value; and
- Proactive identification of technologies that put our team in a leadership position to fulfill next generation application requirements and customer needs.
- Design of ionizing radiation detectors, 2D imagers, 1D sensor arrays, and related electronics;
- Schematic capture, HDL FPGA logic design, and implementation;
- Firmware development and debugging for embedded microcontrollers;
- Component integration at the board level with high speed I/O and clocks, PLL, SERDES, mixed signal power distribution and signal integrity analysis;
- Standards including SPI, JTAG, PCI, USB, I2C; and
- Applicants with several years’ industry experience preferred
Relevant Skills of Interest:
- Xilinx FPGA including Spartan, Zynq, Artix, and IDE such as Vivado,
- Altium PCB layout, Cadence Allegro electronic package/module design;
- Languages/tools such as Python, R, MATLAB, Verilog, VHDL, SPICE;
- Mixed signal including DSP, DAC/ADC;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment as a member of a cross functional team;
- Comfortable with challenging development projects and emerging requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision; and
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree ( Master’s degree preferred) in electrical or electronics engineering, engineering-physics, or equivalent.