|Location|| ||1763 SEAN HEIGHTS|
SAANICHTON, BC V8M-0A5
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
|Minimum Experience|| ||5 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||Masters|
Job Description for Radiation Detector Module Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the successful applicant will assume a lead role in the design, development, and delivery of Redlen’s radiation detector modules. These modules are highly precise assemblies of many components that are customized to specific customer requirements and applications.
The role has proven to be highly challenging due to the technically demanding applications. This requires an ability to learn, adapt, and propose solutions for highly complex requirements in a dynamic environment. One must have good communication skills to work with a broader team that includes other engineers, scientists, suppliers, contractors, and customers.
We are looking for enthusiastic practitioners in building electro-mechanical hardware. This may be the chance for you to apply your talent and energy towards making a real difference.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conceptualizing, specification, design, implementation, and integration of precise mechanical components and assemblies;
- Contributing to product improvement including performance, reducing part costs, improving methods of assembly, enhancing yield, improving reliability; and
- Proactive identification of technologies that put our team in a leadership position to fulfill next generation application requirements and customer needs.
- Mechanical and electromechanical product design for industrial or medical electronic assemblies;
- Design capture in 3D CAD such as SolidWorks, CATIA, Inventor;
- Practical and hands on skills in mechanical and electrical fabrication/assembly;
- Product implementations involving motion control, sensors, thermal management, electrical signal and power distribution, and;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in such a role.
Relevant Skills of Interest:
- Rapid prototyping including 3D printing, machining, 3D metrology
- Micro-controllers, servos, positioners
- Electronic PCB technology including flexible circuits
- Failure analysis, yield analysis, manufacturability
- Finite element modeling and simulation
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment as a member of a cross functional team;
- Comfortable with challenging development projects and emerging requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision; and
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent.