|Location|| ||200 S Main St|
Cibolo, TX 78108
|Base Pay|| ||$48,304.26 / Year|
|Other Compensation|| ||$60/mo cell phone allowance|
|Relocation Expense Covered|| ||No|
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt - FT|
|Job Category|| ||Administration|
|Industry|| ||Public Relations|
|Minimum Experience|| ||3 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
|Phone|| ||(210) 658-9900 x3115|
Under general direction, is responsible for performing media relations and community engagement to promote, support, and integrate community involvement into City governance. Provides public relations support for all City departments to improve the timely and accurate distribution of information to the public.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, or a related field.
- Three (3) year to five (5) years of professional experience in Public Relations; public setting or municipal experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of marketing principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of public relations principles, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of journalistic principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of television production procedures, audience needs, and producer's goals.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing rudimentary software.
- Skill in utilizing desktop publishing programs.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to utilize marketing principles to create a successful plan.
- Ability to coordinate with other organizations.
- Ability to use conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with co-workers,
supervisors, the general public and other professionals in the public information field.
- Ability to research, gather, write, and graphically present information and prepare it for publication.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and administer social media including posts, videos, live feeds, and other media.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 5 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting, and kneeling to perform the essential functions. May be asked to drive a vehicle and do field work. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.