|Location|| ||48 Jacobs Lane|
Norwell, MA 02061
|Employee Type|| ||Seasonal|
|Job Category|| ||Day Camp|
2017 Nature Adventures Camp
You are applying for a part time summer position with the South Shore YMCA Nature Adventures Camp at the South Shore Natural Science Center in Norwell, MA. This is an exciting role that requires dedication, enthusiasm, responsibility, teamwork and creativity. In addition to practical experience and training, strong candidates will have a desire to work outdoors with youth ages 3-5. Working with us, you will be a role model for youth and a compassionate leader amongst campers and staff.
Applicants must be at least 20 years old by the start of camp. LEAD Counselors work in a team with Counselors and assist leading a group of 10-20 campers through their camp day. He/she reports directly to the Camp Director/Assistant Director. This is a seasonal part-time or full-time position for approximately ten weeks, starting in Mid-June and going into Late - August.
- Attend camp meetings and pre-season training as required.
- Work individually and with fellow camp staff to plan and lead nature-related activities that are factually accurate, age-appropriate, and fun.
- Must be comfortable working with children ages 3-5
- Submit written lesson plans and supplies lists for each session.
- Mentor counselors to make sure that camper’s needs are being met.
- Adhere to basic safety principles as outlined in pre-season training.
- Provide parents with clear communication about their children’s activities.
- Maintain camp area and any space used by your group is kept clean and hazard free.
- Participation in Lunch Bunch, extended day rotation and weekly staff meetings.
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Candidate must be at least 20 years old by the start of camp
- Candidate should have at least two years college or relevant experience.
- Outgoing and positive attitude
- Early Childhood, Elementary Education, Environmental Education, or Science majors/degrees preferred.
- A love of nature and being outdoors
- Experience working with children
- First Aid and CPR certification by the first day of camp
- Must be available from June 12-August 25th, 2017