|Location|| ||2942-A SW WANAMAKER DRIVE, SUITE 200|
TOPEKA, KS 66614
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||IT|
The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. They respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. Further, they document processes, perform basic user administration tasks and general light building maintenance activities.
• Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
• Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
• Create Jira tickets providing detailed analysis of the issue, efforts and resolution.
• Document processes and procedures.
• Create and modify user credentials and phone services.
• Train computer users.
• Perform asset management and ordering of supplies to maintain adequate inventory.
• Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
• Respond to email and phone messages for customers seeking help.
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
• Walk customer through problem-solving process.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Clean up computers.
• Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
• Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
• Install computer peripherals for users.
• Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
• Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
• Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
• Provide minor building maintenance services.