|Location|| ||2942-A SW WANAMAKER DRIVE, SUITE 200|
TOPEKA, KS 66614
|Base Pay|| ||$12.00 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Human Resources|
|Industry|| ||Human Resources|
|Minimum Experience|| ||1 Year|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
|Name|| ||Human Resources|
Human Resources Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative support to the Human Resources team, ensuring that everything is up-to-date and organized. This includes assisting in handling applications, new hire process, updating daily and weekly reports, filing and faxing various paperwork and any other duties assigned.
- Pull applications from the overnight box and online via KRONOS.
- Perform background checks for each potential applicant.
- Create the initial applicant packet with application, background check and Applicant tracking form.
- Log all applicants into KRONOS for tracking processes and annotate them accordingly.
- Pulling apps/Background Checks
- Print off all rejection letters for paper applications and mail to rejected applicant. Place a copy of the rejection letter with the paper application.
- Create new hire packets.
- Update employee information in KRONOS (Contact forms/car information)
- Update Attendance Log when Employees are Termed/File Termed Employee File.
- Complete attendance logs each day for previous day for assigned departments.
- Complete and submit employee disciplinary actions, as needed, before bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform tracking and distribution of the PayCards for employees who have elected to use an e-Fund card for their pay.
- File current/termed employee paperwork.
- Handle Incoming Calls from Applicants checking on status of application review/process.
- Communicate with Department Managers to retrieve any missing paperwork/forms from employees.
- Move various HR Paperwork to Storage room.
- Assist in keeping files/reports organized and up to date.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required. College education preferred.
- Strong understanding of customer care processes and techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to learning styles to meet the client’s and Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. needs.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Successful completion of Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. new hire orientation and training.
- Minimum of three (3) years customer service experience with Berlin-Wheeler, preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and human relations abilities.
- Exceptional listening, technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to compose reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, candidates and the general public.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of BW.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with employees and management.
- Thrive in a high paced growth company with constant change.
- Self-motivated; ability to function without continuous supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer and various software packages.
- Flexible; good time management; ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential environment.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.