Reeds Cove Health & Rehab opened in 2012 in Northeast Wichita, Kansas. This state of the art community is an 60 bed skilled nursing community that provides the best in rehabilitation and skilled nursing services. With a top notch staff, our residents receive the absolute best care and services throughout their stay at our community. The community is separated into four houses (Reddy, Saghbene, and Berlin) with a central common area called the Town Hall that provides a great place for residents to grab something to eat, relax, socialize and participate in stimulating activities. This is not your typical nursing home of years past. Our cutting edge, world class facility is second to none and it is all designed to provide world class care and customer experiences. When it is all said and done, everything we do is engineered to Improve Lives and Exceed Expectations!
|Location|| ||2114 N. 127th Ct E.|
Wichita, KS 67206
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt PT|
|Job Category|| ||Dietary|
|Minimum Experience|| ||2 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||High School|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
|Name|| ||Steven Moses|
|Phone|| ||316.500.8800 x 511|
The House Cook prepares meals for residents, family members and employees. They also prepare meals in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. Responsible for preparation of meal, cleaning up work area and serving area and for helping the residents determine what is to be served along with the main course for lunch and supper.
- Improve the lives of our customers, especially the patients, families, and fellow employees.
- Exceed the expectations of our customers as often as possible.
- Give our customers positive, memorable experiences that they will remember for a lifetime.
- Prepare various foods depending on menu, recipe & diet breakdowns for each meal in a WORLD CLASS way and on budget. Works with residents in the house assigned to provide for their food choices for the day.
- Appropriately operates kitchen equipment in preparation of the meal.
- Cleans work surfaces during shift (clean as you go): cleans floors, wipes down counter space (as spills occur), & completes the daily cleaning schedule prior to shift end.
- Assures that the kitchen refrigerator & freezer are checked at least twice per 12hour shift & that food items are appropriately stocked, labeled & fresh.
- Covers & stores unused foods according to standards & procedures for assuring quality & safety of foods. Labels & dates all opened food products.
- Must be able to create meals that are tasty, pleasant to the eye & that meet the dietary requirements established by the physicians order. Including substituting menu items in accordance with the nutritional dietary standards when necessary.
- Must be able to work at a constant pace to ensure that food is prepared & served on time for each meal of the day. Must be able to prepare the appropriate amount of food without running out during serving.
- Washes dishes & cooking equipment after each meal. Helps to set the dining room tables, clear & wash tables as necessary.
- May be required to check inventory for their house and report to their supervisor.
- Required to prepare & serve meals in accordance with Federal, State & facility regulations in regards to infection control procedures. Employee washes hands when appropriate.
- Assure personal & staff compliance to all State & Federal regulations including bloodborne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials & fire safety.
- Assures personal & staff compliance to residents’ rights.
- Follows safety procedures as stated in the dietary service manual.
- Other duties as required
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and residents.
- Prefer one year experience or more in long term care, skilled nursing cooking with therapeutic diets and mechanically altered diets.
- Applicants must be able to safely operate standard industrial kitchen equipment including: convection ovens, steam ovens, gas ranges, gas ovens, tilt skillets, steam kettles, commercial mixers, commercial dishwashers, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, food processors, commercial garbage disposals, steam serving tables, and many hand appliances and tools.
- The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to work independently without constant supervision (self-starter).
- Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop & maintain good working relationships with co-workers & other departments.
Occasional lifting of large bulky objects of weights up to 50#
Standing for long peridos of time
Understand the concept of FIFO and use it daily
Understand the concept of "clean as you go" and use it daily