|Location|| ||377 Simarano Drive|
Marlborough, MA 01752
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt FT (I)|
|Job Category|| ||IT|
IPG Photonics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our growing IT team and work in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech manufacturing company. The IT PMO Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the organization's IT Project Management Office (IT PMO). This role will be focusing on the development, implementation and enhancement of IT project management, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), change management (standards, methodologies, processes and tools) and the oversight and delivery of IT programs and projects. The IT PMO manager is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization's IT projects, programs and structured work efforts. The PMO manager ensures that the work of the PMO adds value and is relevant to the strategy of the organization.
• Act as an IT project management SME and lead the support of project management objectives thru definition, development and execution.
• Develops and drives consistent enterprise processes for project intake and project delivery.
• Manages and prioritizes the IT project portfolio, including cross-project dependencies and resource alignment.
• Responsible for establishing, refining and enforcing governance processes, policies and reporting related to governance and oversight of IPG Photonics IT portfolio and projects / programs.
• Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve successful project delivery.
• Defines, manages and directs the end-to-end PMO work effort, including leveraging best practices and techniques in identifying, quantifying and tracking the realization of expected benefits defined in business cases.
• Develops and implements performance metrics and other tools to track performance to operating plans, budgets, forecasts and/or schedules.
• Builds and maintains relationships with senior leadership and key stakeholders, and acts as a trusted advisor.
• Enhance project delivery processes to maintain alignment with the business.
• Establish mechanisms to ensure on-going quality control of projects.
• Lead efforts to enhance the reporting capabilities in project delivery processes for improved metrics and efficient reporting.
• Develops and facilities training and evaluations for IT project management, SDLC and change management standards, processes and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in business or technical field, with 6-8 years of related IT project management experience and 5 plus years of related experience implementing or leading a PMO.
• Experience with one or more project management methodologies (i.e. PMI, PMBOK, PRINCE, Agile).
• Significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application.
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs.
• Change management best practices.
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate staff.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, including conveying technical information to non-technical users.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and externa l business partners.
• Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives.
• Ability to directly or indirectly mentor, coach, train and/or supervise employees.
• Ability to effectively manage projects that may vary in nature and scope.
• Strong business acumen, including industry, domain specific knowledge.
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
• Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated understanding and experience in Agile software development.
• PMP certification, SCRUM Master is a plus.
• Negotiation; Stakeholder Management.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 are required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee. License exception Technology and software under restriction (TSR) defined in 15 CFR 740.6 may permit person from Country Group B.
The following link will take you to the government site with the list of Country Group B: https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/452-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups/file