|Location|| ||377 Simarano Drive|
Marlborough, MA 01752
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt FT (I)|
|Job Category|| ||Sales & Marketing|
We are seeking an experienced Web Developer prepared to take the next step in their career. This Developer role will be responsible for serving as the primary lead on web-based marketing initiatives for IPG Photonics, the worldwide leader in the fiber laser industry. The ideal candidate will become a key member of our Worldwide Sales & Marketing organization and will be help set the direction for our global web properties and other exciting strategic online projects. The Lead Developer will be responsible for supporting a variety of small to large sized projects, developed both internally and externally.
• As the Lead Developer, you should have a willingness to own web-based projects, while introducing and/or embracing new technologies.
• Work with other IPG parties to implement integrated solutions that support the ongoing evolution of our IPG web properties
• Function as a full-stack developer, working with all aspects of a project from presentation layer to database to cross-browser and platform development
• Developing, deploying and maintaining content management systems
• Integrate web properties with other systems including Salesforce, Google Analytics and others
• Developing solutions that comply with security and scalability best practices and industry standards.
• Maintain cascading style sheets (CSS) to ensure consistency across all browsers and platforms
• Optimize code for maximum speed and responsiveness
• Manage external vendors supporting our web properties
• Oversee administrative functions of the corporate web site, including site performance, SSL, troubleshooting, testing, web site policies and support of web applications.
• Work with extended teams to develop web management methodologies and practices
• Demonstrated technical project leadership
• Experience developing with modern content management systems
• Strong front-end web development experience with public-facing websites or applications.
• Experience developing mobile friendly web applications (actual web app experience a plus)
• Good communication, organization analytical and debugging skills
• Ability to define/refine project specs and requirements to meet client needs.
• eCommerce and Customer Portal experience a plus
• Proficient in data migration, transformation, and scripting
• Solid understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Works well independently and with others
• Experience with cloud computing platforms a plus
Minimum education and work experience required
• 5+ years demonstrated web development experience
• 3+ years of full stack experience
• Bachelors in Computer Science or a related field.