|Location|| ||257 Cedar Hill Road|
Marlborough, MA 01752
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt FT (R&D)|
|Job Category|| ||Engineering|
The Thin Film Coating Engineer is a newly created position based at our recently opened manufacturing facility in Marlborough, MA – within the Greater Boston Area. The position goal is to design, develop, document, and support coatings and processes for a state of the art optical coating department.
We are searching for an individual with a strong background in Optical Coatings Technology. Requires extensive experience and knowledge of commercially available equipment including E-Beam and IBS Systems. In depth understanding of installation, operation maintenance and troubleshooting. Capable of developing new coating processes. Experience with high laser damage AR and HR coatings in UV, visible, and near IR. Supports continual improvement by documenting, analyzing, reporting and improving process yields.
• Strong background in the Optical Coatings Technology
• Experience and knowledge of commercially available equipment (E-Beam, IBS, Magnetron, etc..)
• Experience with designing coatings and developing processes associated specifically with crystals/optics.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience as a coating engineer
• Experience specifying equipment and setting up a new facility is desirable
• An advanced degree is highly desirable
• Minimum of a BS in a related Engineering or technical field, an advanced degree is highly desirable.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.