|Location|| ||765 South Buchanan Street|
Fremont, OH 43420
|Base Pay|| ||$12.10-$13.40 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Yearly Full Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||1 Year|
|Required Degree|| ||2 Year Degree|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and develop classroom experiences as defined in written plans for Education, Health, Mental Health, Nutrition, Parent Involvement, Social Services and Transportation.
- Ensure implementation of all licensing, Ohio’s Infant Toddler Guidelines, (PITC) Parent Infant Toddler Care giver Guidelines and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Serve as liaison between families, coordinators, parent committees and/or local school districts; maintain positive community relations.
- Provide developmentally appropriate care for infant/toddler growth and development as recommended by NAEYC when planning and implementing activities.
- Ensure a current lesson plan as approved by WSOS is completed and posted.
- Ensure all screenings and ongoing assessments are completed and entered within required timelines.
- Conduct 2 educational home visits per child per year, maintaining effective communication with parents regarding child development information.
- Maintain and submit records as requested; assist with in-kind documentation.
- Direct and train Infant/Toddler Teacher Assistants, and Volunteers.
- Maintain certifications and credentials including Day Care Licensing and Professional Requirements.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor daily communication, activities tracking and scheduling.
- Assist in recruitment and enrollment as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
Required Associate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with course work in Infant Toddler.
One to three years experience working in early childhood development and up to one year experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software. Prefer one year experience working with infants and toddlers in a classroom or childcare setting.
- Initial and periodic physical exams required.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.