|Location|| ||765 South Buchanan Street|
Fremont, OH 43420
|Base Pay|| ||$16.60-$22.13 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Yearly Full Time|
|Minimum Experience|| ||1 Year|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge on applicable federal, state, and local regulation changes, funding source contract goals, and eligibility requirements; Identify and communicate with supervisor regarding variance in contract goals. Including Medicare, Medicaid, long term care topics and other senior issues.
Oversee the daily operations of senior congregate sites: Ensure coverage as needed by subs.
Conduct community outreach and engagement to ensure a variety of program activities are available to seniors and their caregivers to increase participation at the congregate sites.
Complete screening, intake, assessment, eligibility determination and make referrals for homebound seniors and DD clients ensuring a case management approach to delivery of services to clients and their families.
Provide one-on-one phone and office consultations for the aging and disability network who are coping with long-term care decisions, about available community resources and services.
Participate in the Sandusky County Adult Protective Services Interdisciplinary Team to find solutions for seniors in crisis.
Assist in developing and maintaining information systems that will provide accurate and up-to-date program information; oversee the client information database systems, and assist with compiling outreach reports.
Create, assist and participate in Senior Fundraising opportunities.
Coordinate staff meetings, schedule, and provide training and technical assistance in the area of program and social services for Meals-on-Wheels staff, Site Supervisors, Dining Site Volunteers and seniors. Ensure staff and volunteer trainings are up to date and in compliance with regulations.
- Coordinate collection of information for newsletter, edit, prepare layout and final copy, and ensure distribution in a timely fashion. Oversee the maintenance of the newsletter database and solicit advertisers and sponsors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include the following:
- Interview, hire, and train employees.
- Plan, assign, and direct work.
- Appraise performance.
- Reward and discipline employees.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
Required Bachelor degree in social work and licensed as a social worker.
One to three years’ experience working with senior social services or related experience and up to one year experience working with word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and database software. Prefer one to three years supervisory experience.
- Initial and periodic Motor Vehicle Records checks, maintain a valid driver’s license, and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must have insured, dependable transportation available for daily use.
- Must submit to initial and/or periodic state and/or federal criminal checks.
- Must submit to initial and periodic drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to be reached by cellular phone during business hours and after hours.