Supports multiple servers and Client workstations throughout the Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium. This individual will be responsible for TCP/IP administration, traffic and protocol monitoring, Active Directory, Google for Education, and Office 365 Education administration. Additionally, the Network Administrator is responsible for supporting end users and resolution of issues.
|Location|| ||3300 North 60th Street|
Omaha, NE 68104
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium, Information Technology|
|Industry|| ||IT, Networks, Schools|
School Network Administrator I
Omaha Catholic Schools Consortium
|Supervisor, Educational Technology
June 5, 2017
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure, manage and deploy servers, workstations, tablets, laptops and chrome books.
- Maintain mobile labs
- Conduct professional development sessions as needed
- Coordinate IT-related needs and services with school staff and administration
- troubleshoot and diagnose software, hardware and connectivity issues
- Provide end user support to local and remote end users
- Monitor and utilize ticket system for support and maintenance tracking
- Manage projector and conferencing solutions
- Maintain Windows 2008 based Active Directory, users, and groups
- Maintain and administer network infrastructure
- Manage Windows, Samba, and CUPS printer servers
- Manage Aruba based wireless systems
- Plan and configure Windows 2008 Group Policies and VB login scripts
- Perform security checks and audits
- Antivirus & Antispyware client and server administration
- Phone and voicemail system administration
- Maintain vSphere environment
- Maintain HP printers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
- Produces complete and high-quality work that is organized and understandable
- Analyzes information and uses logic to address client-related issues and problems.
- Demonstrates high customer service principles for meeting quality standards for service
- Knowledge of circuit boards, server equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Strong understanding of Windows Networking, TCP/IP, and Firewalls
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012
- ChromeOS, iOS, Linux
- Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 10
- OS X / macOS
- vSphere 5.5, 6.0
- AppleTV / Chromecast
- Google for Education
- Office 365 Education
- RIP and Static Routing
- Level 2,3,4 QoS on switches and routers
- Microsoft Group Policy, Active Directory, and related functionality
- Symantec Endpoint Security
- Aruba AP
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS, or Computer Science OR relevant Associates Degree with equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in systems administration, network design, implementation and testing.
- 2+ years’ experience administering Windows 2000 or above Active Directory with login scripting and Group Policies.
- 2+ years of helpdesk or end user support and troubleshooting experience.
- HP Printer Maintenance experience