|Location|| ||3300 North 60th Street|
Omaha, NE 68104
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Stewardship & Development|
|Industry|| ||Development, Donor Relations, Fundraising|
POSITION TITLE: Development Officer
DEPARTMENT: Stewardship and Development
REPORTS TO: Director
EFFECTIVE DATE: June 2017
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
The Stewardship and Development Office (SDO) advances the mission and vision of the Catholic Archdiocese of Omaha and its parishes, schools and ministries by implementing high quality and spiritually impactful programs that develop the leadership and resources to meet their priorities. The Development Officer position will focus specifically on two areas: (1) managing a portfolio of major donors to cultivate, invite and steward their support of the archdiocese; and (2) implementing a plan that promotes and invites planned gifts to the Archdiocese of Omaha and its parishes, schools and ministries
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining a major gifts portfolio to increase major support for the Archbishop’s Annual Appeal and to understand donor interests in order to match those interests with critical archdiocesan priorities.
- Work with SDO Director and Estate Planning Committee to formalize and implement a plan that promotes and invites planned gifts to support the archdiocese and its apostolates.
- Maintain a portfolio of current and prospective donors to cultivate, invite and steward their support of archdiocesan entities through estate and planned gifts
- Implement the Estate Planning Program plan:
- Expand the awareness and understanding of the impact a planned gift to the archdiocese can make through such vehicles as advertising and hosted events and workshops
- Steward those who have named the archdiocese in their estate plans
- Work with parishes to implement a comprehensive program to encourage planned giving in parishes and schools
- Support other critical efforts in the Stewardship and Development Office: Omaha Archdiocesan Educational and Parish Foundations, Archbishop’s Committee for Development, Stewardship and Development Education and Networking Series, Archbishop’s Annual Appeal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Active member of a Catholic parish and commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church and Archdiocese of Omaha
Ability to work on a team and contribute to a positive and supportive work environment
Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
Ability to ask current and prospective donors for gifts to support the efforts of the archdiocese
Ability to lead staff and volunteers successfully
Strong understanding of the essential components of Development
Ability to develop relationships on behalf of the archdiocese
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Ability to implement marketing and communications strategies
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication or other related field.
Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit development work with an emphasis on annual fund programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position and they are not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.