|Location|| ||6060 Northwest Radial Highway|
Omaha, NE 68104
|Employee Type|| ||Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Catholic Voice|
|Minimum Experience|| ||10 Years|
|Required Degree|| ||4 Year Degree|
|Manage Others|| ||Yes|
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Chancellor and Communications Manager:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for all phases of the Catholic Voice print and digital news operation.
- Work with the news editor and writers in news planning, editorial direction and focus. Write, edit, and serve as a production resource as needed.
- Oversee the development and administration of the Catholic Voice budget and finances.
- Work with the Chancery staff, agency directors, pastors and school officials to keep communication lines open and news staff aware of events, activities and programs.
- Coordinate specified communication efforts on behalf of archdiocesan personnel or agencies.
- Manage the advertising department in prospecting, sales, customer service, and account management.
- Manage the development of the Archdiocesan Directory, including advertising, editorial and production.
- Manage relationships with key outside vendors.
- Manage part-time, full-time, and freelance staff.
- Serve on archdiocesan committees as requested by the Chancellor.
- Maintain strong relationships with Catholic Press Association and Nebraska Press Association, both as a member and for advertising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of the beliefs and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow staff members, as well as with archdiocesan hierarchy, clergy, religious and laity.
- Supervisory and personnel management experience, especially in a content production setting.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities, and the portfolio to prove it.
- Strong working knowledge of newspaper production processes, from page design and prepress to printing and binder operations.
- Strong working knowledge of digital content production processes.
- Understanding of graphic design principles and awareness of design trends and changes.
- Understanding of marketing principles, sales techniques and advertising layout.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Active, practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Catholic Church, with a demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Church and full assent to all magisterial teaching.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related.
- 5-7 years of experience as a writer/editor for a publication.
- 5 years’ experience in a management role, including budget oversight.
- Basic reading comprehension of Spanish.
- Expertise with online content management systems.