|Location|| ||W7839 STATE ROAD 81|
MONROE, WI 53566
|Base Pay|| ||$13.25 / Hour|
|Employee Type|| ||Non-Exempt|
|Job Category|| ||Maintenance|
|Industry|| ||Cheese, Food Manufacturer|
|Required Degree|| ||None|
|Manage Others|| ||No|
This position is split between custodial duties and duties in our Feta department involving packaging and sanitation. The custodian will perform janitorial work to maintain a clean working environment for all staff and visitors, including some light maintenance responsibilities.
Job duties will include:
- Service, clean, and supply all non-production areas including restrooms and locker rooms.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Cleaning and checking light fixtures, changing bulbs.
- Minor repairs as needed throughout the plant.
- Snow removal and other outside clean up.
- Clean refrigerators, inside & out, vending areas, and break rooms
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Maintain inventories of supplies; complete required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Clean, stock and maintain first aid supplies; perform routine checks on eye wash stations and safety showers.
- Other related additional duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Clean equipment and pack room, using various chemicals, at the end of daily production run.
- Complete sanitation paperwork correctly and in a timely manner.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment in order to properly clean machines.
- Follow all good sanitation practices.
Pay: $13.25 per hour + second shift differential ($0.50)
Shift: 2:00pm-11:00pm Monday-Friday, plus every other Saturday 7am-done.
If you are unable to complete this application online, paper applications may be picked up in our Main Office at W7839 State Road 81, Monroe, WI 53566, anytime Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding holidays).
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Klondike Cheese Company is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- No minimum education level is required.
- Standing /walking 100%, minimum 40 work hours expected per week during company operating hours, Monday through Friday and every other Saturday. Overtime is required.
- Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Manual Dexterity — The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Static Strength — The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength — The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Oral Comprehension & Expression — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences, and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Using hands for repetitive action as; simple grasping right & left, pushing & pulling right & left, fine manipulation right & left.
- Standing 80%, walking 20%, lifting maximum of 50 lbs., bending 20%, reaching 40%, reaching above shoulder 10%, pushing less than 5%, lifting up to 5 lbs. 15%, lifting 6 – 10 lbs. 20%, lifting 21 – 25 lbs. 20%, lifting 26 – 50 lbs. 15%, lifting over 50 lbs. 1%.
- Carrying up to 5 lbs. 5%, carrying 6-10 lbs. 10%, carrying 11 – 20 lbs. 15%, carrying 21 – 25 lbs. 10%, carrying 26 – 50 lbs. 5%, and carrying 51 – 100 lbs. 1%.